Dienstag, 1. Juni 2010

With a little elbow grease...


...you can fix even one of the most sophisticated bits done by the Mountainbike Industry in the past year.  Truvativ's Hammerschmidt is well known as a good performing and trendsetting alternative to the well-known front mech and chainring set-up. Nevertheless, issues with the wimpy cable stopper are known - and so are a couple of fixes. But what to do when you're pretty much in the middle of nowhere...


Well, at first a little patience comes in handy... 


An in no time (actually it took me like half an hour or so) I filed this out of a piece of aluminum sheet. I used the broken cable stopper as a jig and drilled the holes as well as the upper and lower curve accordingly.




Whalaa!




In the afternoon we even got some work done. Hey, come on - this IS work, even if it doesn't look like ;) 




Have I ever said that I love my job? Ok, I do so now!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen